Every now and then we see things that are so ridiculous that we find it hard to believe they are real! Well, in most of the cases they are as real as they can get, which makes them even funnier! Since we live for the fun things in life, it is worth sharing such things and social media is the place to do it.
The list below consists of many examples of translation fails gathered from all over the world. Some of them look like a bad joke, but each and every one of them is real!
1. Here is a nice warning sign for starters
We believe that nobody tried to eat that carpet, not even once, so that sign needs to be replaced.
2. This is something nobody would order
We believe that it would take a special kind of person to deliberately order this dessert.
3. It seems that someone needs to visit an English language course
The hilarious translation of this short text speaks for itself!
4. Now this is one literal translation
Someone tried to literally translate ‘meatball’ from Arabic and it ended up in disaster.
5. This salon sign is kind of correct
Of course, this is not the correct translation but it is still a valid one.
6. We guess they meant zombies
We have no idea what this sign is about but something is definitely wrong here.
7. This one is also accurate depending on the point of view
It is definitely a translation fail but someone somewhere probably said a prayer in the restroom.
8. Here is a grim sign
We believe that they tried to translate ‘poultry’ here but they failed.
9. Do not eat that cheese
This is definitely not the best cheese to choose if you love life.
10. This place is not for the faint of heart
Only tough men would dare to visit this dental practice.
11. We wonder what these perfumes would smell like
We reckon that perfumes bought from this place would not be sensational at all!
12. These instructions are funny
The question here is why you should take a shower with a vacuum cleaner running next to you?
13. This is the salon of evil
We do not want to know what happens inside that salon.
14. Here is one that still delivers the message
We have no idea how they came up with that ‘q’ but it is still pronounced accurately enough.
15. Now this is an interesting flavor
It would be a somewhat cannibalistic experience to have a bite of these.
16. Here is an exotic menu
If you are into delicacies, you should not miss a couple of these meals!
17. This is a strange advice
We are not sure what kind of problem they meant here but it makes no sense whatsoever.
18. This is a bit worrying
Nobody would like to go somewhere where donkeys trim skirts, whatever that means exactly.
19. Here is a controversial sign
So they are basically telling people to ignore the rules here, which is odd!
20. This is our kind of lamps
Lamps are pretty handy when it comes to providing light but this is our preferred choice of lamp.
21. There is an obvious mistake here
Either the image of a horse or the word ‘flamingo’ needs to be replaced here.
22. We tried to find the meaning behind this but we failed
There are so many ways to interpret this sign that we just decided to stop trying.
23. This is a flavor we do not want to try
As much as we love eating Pringles, we will skip this particular flavor.
24. Here is one useful caution sign
You really need to make sure you don’t allow for that to happen. It would be a bummer.
25. We are pretty sure our moms have no chickens
There is something really wrong with this sign and we can’t find the real meaning.
26. This is the kind of variety we do not want to see
This menu is definitely not making us feel comfortable after looking at it.
27. We are not hungry anymore
After seeing the offered decomposed mule we suddenly lost our appetite.
28. This salad is not our preferred choice
One of the ingredients is definitely something we would pass on.
29. Manuel probably kept pushing the automatic doors
Someone was fed up with Manuel constantly trying to break the automatic doors.
30. We guess this is the entrance where they bring stuff through
The difference between staff and stuff is just one letter and the mistake is obvious here.
31. This is one high-tech menu
These are definitely the most technologically advanced meals we’ve seen.
32. It seems that only the shrimp does some work here
It looks unfair that only the shrimp actually does something without getting help from the fish.
33. This is impossible to understand
Here is classic example with a huge and completely meaningless sign.
34. The pregnant bags are curious
We are wondering how exactly do impregnate a bag?
35. Here is a shop you might want to miss
The treats offered at this place are a huge no-no if the sign is correct.
36. This sign suggests that you should throw something down the toilet
They tried to forbid something but they actually allowed it.
37. They got that wrong for sure
Nobody could forbid crying but a ban on shouting is more than welcome.
38. The arrival hole sounds unwelcoming
We wonder if there is a departure hole as well.
39. There is no place there, obviously
This sign still suggests you should go there despite what it says.
40. We were not aware Salomon had a couple of squids
We guess that King Salomon kept the squids a secret.
41. This menu suggests some funny ingredients
They gave their best to make this menu look good but there are a lot of funny translations.
42. Here is the worst kind of problem
Nut problems are definitely not a pleasant experience, just ask any man.
43. Now this is one interesting term
We believe that this is one of the funniest translation fails on the list.
44. This machine will not return change
The bad translation gave the sign a whole different meaning.
45. This is definitely not our preferred choice
This is one pricey meal, considering the main ingredient.
46. Here is the best sign for a golf course parking
47. This is one English course you should not go to
It appears that this course might not actually teach you anything.
48. This is another sign that appears to be controversial
As you can see, this sign actually encourages smoking.
49. Every swimmer would be confused by this sign
We guess it would be tough to follow these rules for obvious reasons.
50. This is the funniest caution sign
It does not actually tell if the floor is wet or not, but it suggests it might be.